The Vancouver Asian Film Festival (Canada) is accepting films until June 4th, 2022.
About the festival:
VAFF is the longest running pan-Asian diaspora film festival in Canada, founded in 1995 and debuted in September 1997. Since then, tens of thousands of film lovers have experienced a diverse selection of Asian North American and international films, in English and in other languages.
– Festivals accepts Independently produced films and videos by Asian North American artists (including Asian-Canadian or Asian-American artists), or Films or videos produced in East Asia (including People’s Republic of China [incl. Hong Kong], Macao, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Taiwan), Southeast Asia (including Myanmar [Burma], Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Timor-Leste) or South Asia (including Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh).
– Films or videos produced must have at least one member of the creative team (director, writer, producer/production company or cinematographer) or at least one of the lead actors/subjects (if Documentary) self-identify as being of Asian or part-Asian heritage.
– Films and videos must have been completed after June 1st, 2020.
– The festival accepts narrative features, short films, documentaries, animation, music video and web series.
– Films that were part of or screened at VAFF’s own MAMM (Mighty Asian Moviemaking Marathon) Gala will not be considered.
– Submission must be done via FilmFreeway (see link below).
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 19th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/vaff
We remind readers that the 26th Vancouver Asian Film Festival will take place from November 3rd – 13th, 2022 in Vancouver, Canada.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry