The Binisaya Film Festival (Philippines) is accepting short films until September 12th, 2021.
About the festival:
Founded by local filmmakers and established in 2009, the Binisaya Film Festival aims to develop a uniquely Cebuano sensibility by providing a venue to showcase Bisaya films and Global Cinema unfettered by commercial constraints. BINISAYA has also maintained its status over the years as a hotbed for discussion over the direction of Cebuano films and its place in the world by inviting industry luminaries such as RA Rivera, John Torres, Richard Bolisay, Jade Castro, Teddy Co and Ramon Bautista to name a few. BINISAYA has also showcased works from neighboring Asian countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Afghanistan through the Asian shorts competition. The festival itself has travelled through pop-up screenings all over the country—schools, cinematheques, posh coffee shops, barangay basketball courts, under bridge communities, etc.
– Open to student and non-student works.
– Open to narrative films, experimental films, documentaries, animations, etc.
– Films should have been made after October 2020.
– Films should be under 30 minutes mark in total running time.
– The Binisaya Shorts Section is for Bisayan filmmakers residing in any part of the world; the Binisaya Horizon is for non-Cebuano films from the Philippines; and the Binisaya World is open to international productions
– English subtitles are required.
– Please do not use copyrighted music. You must have rights or permission to use the music featured in your film.
– The festival doesn’t accept DVD submissions. Please send films via Google Drive, Dropbox, or Vimeo.
– International filmmakers can submit via FilmFreeway. Filipino filmmakers should apply to the Binisaya website (see link below).
– Submission Fee: $ 20 USD or $ 1,000 PHP
– Deadline: September 12th, 2021
– Notification Date: October 24th, 2021
To submit to the festival please go to:
– International Filmmakers: https://filmfreeway.com/binisaya
– Filipino filmmakers: Google Form
We remind readers that the Binisaya Film Festival usually takes place on November 11th, 2021.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
need ba nga binisaya pod ang dialogue ng script or any language pwede?
The film can be in any language but the subtitles must be in English.