Emerging filmmakers based in East Asia Pacific are welcome to benefit from the ARRIse Support and Education Program which provides opportunities to turn their ideas and visions into reality. Join ARRIse now for a chance to use ARRI equipment for your projects.
– Applicant must be a citizen from one of the countries or cities listed below: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (the Federated States of), Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
– Applicant must have a key creative role in the film’s production such as Director, Cinematographer or Producer.
– Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
– Applicant must have produced less than five feature films in the same role.
– The applicant must own the copyright of the film and/or will be able to grant ARRI the copyright to use any of their filmrelated content for our purposes. These include, but are not limited to, film excerpts, still photos, behind-the-scenes materials, quotes, and interviews.
– ARRI accepts feature and short films.
– The total production budget, including all phases of production, must be within US$300,000.
– The project should have insurance to cover any damage, loss, and theft of the equipment
– Non-English language films must have English subtitles.
– The application process is open all year and will be reviewed on a cyclical basis.
– Application must be received at least 4 months in advance of the shooting date for optimal consideration and
– All submission documents must be in English
To download the document please go here: DOCUMENTS
Value of Support:
– ARRIse can offer free rental of ARRI equipment, including*:
— One ALEXA Mini or AMIRA camera body and basic accessories
— Electronic Viewfinder
— Electronic control system, e.g., WCU-4
— Ultra Prime Lenses (16mm, 24mm, 32mm, 50mm and 85mm)
— SkyPanel S60-C
* Final package will be discussed with the successful candidates. Equipment pick up is available at ARRI Asia (Hong Kong office). If local pick up is not possible, shipping of equipment to other locations will be covered by the candidates.
– Potential of the filmmakers
– Uniqueness of the topic
– Artistic merit
– Viability of the project
To apply to the program please follow this link: https://www.arri.com/en/company/about-arri/supporting-talents/arrise
ARRI is a global player within the motion picture industry, employing around 1,200 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting creativity and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems as well as system solutions for the film, broadcast, and media industries, with a worldwide distribution and service network. The portfolio includes digital cameras, lenses, camera accessories, archive technologies, lamp heads, and lighting accessories. Along with offering exclusive technologies, ARRI Rental’s first-class services and equipment provide camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions around the world.